Here is the list of the benefits you can obtain thanks to the SOP Beef Line:
1. Bio-valorization and fluidification of manure
The Bio-valorization contributes to fluidifying the manure under the slats, in the receiving pits or in the tanks while improving its fertilizing power.
Thanks to the bio-valorization of the manure with the Lagoon Line, it is possible to reduce nitrogen fertilization by 10%.
2. Bio-hygienization of the environment
Bio-hygienization is the conditioning of the environment, without the addition of microorganisms or the unconditional elimination of the beneficial microbial populations; it establishes a balance that favors humification and composting instead of putrefaction.
Bio-hygienization consists of:
- opposition to environmental pathogens;
- reduction of harmful gas emissions, ammonia and odors;
- increase in beneficial microbiota that has the following consequences: drier and cleaner bedded packs and stalls, savings in labor costs and
- reduction in flies.
3. Bio-resilience and animal wellbeing
Bio-resilience is the ability of a system to resist stressful events or re-establish equilibrium. It is achievable in the beef cattle by stimulating the microbiome, the digestive system, the neuroendocrine system and the immune system. The Star products combine bio-hygienization with bio-resilience, and aim to reduce the environmental impact of the farm, improve animal wellbeing, increase profitability and obtain:
- more stable and balanced ruminal and intestinal microbiome, in order to support physiological metabolic functions;
- better digestion and nutrient utilization;
- greater ability to adapt more quickly to changes in environment or diet;
- stronger immune system resulting in reduced risk of epidemics;
- greater resistance to pathologies and better ability to recover;
- better quality of slaughtered meat.
For bought-in calves:
- better recovery of animal wellbeing;
- better rumen recovery;
- faster adaptation to the new environment.
4. Reduction of emissions and odors
The products of the Beef Line help reduce odor and ammonia emissions, starting right from the barn. Furthermore, they represent a valid aid in reducing the impact of the dairy farm on the environment, by also reducing Greenhouse gas emissions: with SOP Star Beef it is possible to reduce the enteric emissions in the barn and, with the Lagoon Line, those from the manure. It is possible to obtain:
- Up to -100* di Ammonia (NH3) e Nitrous Oxide (N20)
- Up to -50%** di Enteric Methane (CH4)
- Up to -80%*** di Methane from manure
- Up to -75%*** di Carbon Dioxide
* Data from Borgonovo et al, 2019 and Peterson et al, 2020, Sustainability
** Data from Ross et al, 2020, Sustainability, and Internal SOP research
*** Dati from Chiodini et al., 2023, Sustainability.
Ask for further information here.
Our products from the Beef Line: