Here is the list of the benefits you can obtain thanks to the SOP Dairy Line:
1. Bio-valorization and fluidification of manure
The bio-valorization contributes to fluidifying the manure under the slats, in the receiving pits or in the tanks while improving its fertilizing power.
Thanks to the bio-valorization of the manure with SOP Lagoon, it is possible to reduce nitrogen fertilization by 10%.
2. Bio-hygienization of the environment
Bio-hygienization is the conditioning of the environment, without the addition of microorganisms or the unconditional elimination of the beneficial microbial populations; it establishes a balance that favors humification and composting instead of putrefaction.
Bio-hygienization consists of:
- the opposition to environmental pathogens;
- reduction of harmful gas emissions, ammonia and odors;
- increase in beneficial microbiota that has the following consequences: drier and cleaner bedded packs and stalls, savings in labor costs and reduction in flies.
3. Bio-resilience and animal wellbeing
Bio-resilience is the ability of a system to resist stressful events or re-establish equilibrium. It is achievable in a dairy cow by stimulating its microbiome, its digestive system, its neuroendocrine system and its immune system. The Star products combine bio-hygienization with bio-resilience, and aim to reduce the environmental impact of the farm, improve animal wellbeing, increase profitability and obtain:
for dairy cows:
- more stable and balanced ruminal and intestinal microbiome, in order to support physiological metabolic functions;
- better digestion and nutrient utilization;
- better assimilation of the feed ration;
- better milk quality (% fat, protein and casein);
- improved fertility rate;
- lower risk of new cases of udder and placenta problems;
- lower Somatic Cell Count;
- improved recovery and healing ability.
- better rumen development;
- improved strength and resistance to stress;
- better growth;
- improved ability to heal and recover;
- lower risk of new cases of lung and intestine problems.
4. Reduction of emissions and odors
The products of the Dairy Line help reduce odor and ammonia emissions, right from the barn. Furthermore, they represent a valid aid in reducing the impact of the dairy farm on the environment, by also reducing Greenhouse gas emissions: with SOP Star Cow it is possible to reduce the enteric emissions in the barn and, with SOP Lagoon, those from the manure. It is possible to obtain:
- Up to -100* Ammonia (NH3) e Nitrous Oxide (N20)
- Up to -50%** Enteric Methane (CH4)
- Up to -80%*** Methane from manure
- Up to -75%*** Carbon Dioxide
* Data from Borgonovo et al, 2019 and Peterson et al, 2020, Sustainability
** Data from Ross et al, 2020, Sustainability, and Internal SOP research
*** Dati from Chiodini et al., 2023, Sustainability.